Answer the following questions to find out if you are eligible
to apply for funding under RCDF (Rural Community Development
Are you involved in a local business enterprise or constituted
Does that group or business hold its activities in one of the
eligible Rural Wards?
Does that group or business need capital funding* for a local
If YES, does the project support one or more of the
1. Provides investments towards creating and improving small
scale infrastructure, ie. Investing in renewable energy and energy
2. Looking at ideas around broadband creation and
3. Improve or expand services related to leisure and
4. Investment into recreational and small scale tourism.
5. Studies into maintenance, restoration and upgrading cultural
and natural heritage.
6. Investment in the relocation of activities and/or conversion
of buildings with a view to improving lives.
7. Drawing up development and management plans for community led
Lastly is the project:
- Community driven ie. Is the local community the driving force
behind the project?
- looking to improve access to services for the benefit of those
on low incomes?
- Advantageous to families living in poverty or with disabled
children in order for them to benefit from cheaper fuel
- Supporting people into employment and assisting them with
- Helping people keep up with technology and use the internet to
enhance their lives?
If you answered YES to just one of the questions from 1 – 7 AND
one or more of the other questions above then your group or
business might be eligible for funding under the Rural Community Development Fund.
PLEASE NOTE: For all RCDF projects, Project Leads
must secure an element of match-funding. RCDF will not fund
100% of projects or activities under this Programme.
Match-funding may be provided in the form of either cash or
in-kind contributions. In-kind contributions are services, items or
products donated to the project by an individual or organisation
where no cash transaction took place.
Contact the RDP Team for an informal
chat and/or check out the Regenerate NPT website to learn more
about this scheme.
(*Capital Funding: Money for the purchase of fixed assets such
as equipment that is used to provide services.)